You may be asking youself “What happened to this poor guy’s studio? It seems like those shelves are in the wrong spot for an efficient workflow!” In which case, you would be correct. The other side of the studio was just as bad: an assortment of tools, plumbing supplies, boxes and pumps.
The cause of this mess:
Yeah, that’s not going to get the job done, especially the pipe rusted completely through. In fact, we had water moving across the basement floor until it hit our water alarm. So I spent half a day learning from and helping Dan put in a new pump. It’s hard to tell from the photo above but whoever put this pump in put the valve where you can detach the pump at the very bottom of the pipe. Who’s going to get down in that nasty hole to undo it?!?! Not me! So we cut the pipe ABOVE the hole and put in a new valve and installed the new pump.
It looks better and, more importantly, it works.
Now I’ve got the studio back to normal. Unfortunately, I haven’t worked much down there for the past week or so. Fortunately, a kiln load of pots just finished glaze firing as I was typing this. Unfortunately I have to go back to school next week. Fortunately, I have a few more days and I’ve already got enough stuff made for about half a bisque fire. Unfortunately, I have a lot of other things to do. Fortunately, this paragraph reminds me of this book.
I’ve got a few other things to add to the blog and one of my goals for the summer was to update my website. We’ll see what I actually get done in the next few days.