I had a chance to fire some pieces a few weeks ago and just recently took some photos of some of my favorites. Finally today, I got the images to my computer and made them web worthy.
Warm Brown Stoneware fired to ^6.
Only a couple pieces that I really loved but that’s okay for this load because it was mostly experiments and refining new glazes. I also had a few more steins that aren’t pictured. A few commissioned pieces, a couple PBL mugs and a few more WN mugs. You can see some of these pots as they were being glazed.
I really like the cups that had Waterfall Brown applied to the rim. It interacted beautifully with the dark brown glaze underneath. All kinds of great colors! I sprayed glaze on a few of the larger vases using my little siphon blower. I wasn’t that impressed with the results. I don’t think there was enough variation in the glazes that I used… or the application.
So I have a little bit more understanding of the glazes that I already have. The two brown glazes are looking good. The Bone White and clear were a little too thin this time. And I got some interesting textures from some of the pots in this load. All good stuff for future reference.
From here… I just bisque fired a load and did some decal tests. I’ve also got about 6 new test batches of glaze to test.Â I’ll get some glazing done in the next couple days and hopefully fire by the end of the week. Thanks for checking out the new pots!