Well, I was going to say that 2015 went by quickly. Then I realized an entire month has elapsed before I even got to my year in review post! Better late than never I suppose.
Anyway, happy new year!
Looking Back at 2015
It was fun lookingÂ at the 2015 goals that I set and then remembering what actually happened.
Highlights (Life is Change!)
- New family member
- New job
- Art By Fuzzy is officially a business
- StartedÂ teaching pottery lessons
- Read (or listened to) some great books: Leaders Eat Last, The 4 Hour Workweek, The Three Musketeers, Rust, Neuromancer, Naked, Phantastes, Beatlebone, The River of Doubt. Started Platform.
- Continued to work on some photography skills.
- Took a fantastic trip to Myrtle Beach.
- Got in an accident. The Civic lives!
- Said goodbye to my grandpa.
- Said goodbye to all my friends and family at WNP.
2015 was a great year. Unfortunately I didn’t document much of it on my blog.
Goals I Accomplished
- Participated in 3 sales/shows (here, here, and OVE Craft Show)
- Participated in 2 wood firings (plus a bonus soda fire)
- Completed the update to artbyfuzzy.com
- Not really measurable, but I’ll say that I’ve grown as a father.
- Etsy store is open!
- My online presence has continued to grow:
Goals I Didn’t Achieve in 2015
- Applied to only 1 juried show (out of 3).
- Blogged less consistently than ever…
- Read 0 out of 2 books about pottery.
- Read 0.25 out of 2 business books but learned a lot online.
- No pots in physical stores, but one is in the works if I can get the pots there.
I’m not going to be too hard on myself for some of these. Some of the highlights mentioned above requiredÂ large amounts of time. I’m estimating that in 2016 I might have things figured out a little better?
Goals for 2016
- Double the items I sellÂ on Etsy from last year
- Plan, create and launch a product to sell electronically.
- I believe I set my Goodreads goal at 15 books to read this year.
- Apply to 3 juried shows.
- Participate in at least 4Â sales/festivals/exhibitions.
- Blog more consistently. At least one post every month on the calendar?
- Participate in another wood fire.
- Set up a system to track business finances. Maybe learn to do my own taxes?
- Mix and test 15 new glazes and share the results.
- Put pots in at least 1 physical store.
- Grow my email listÂ to 100 subscribers. Go sign up!
- Start pottery lessons with 1 new student.
- Grow as a father and husband.
- Grow a city in City Skylines to over 100,000.
That should keep me busy for the year.