This may be obvious to you if you are reading this on my actual site and not on a feed reader or through email or something. I’ve redesigned my site again.
One of my co-workers at West Noble Primary ran the Boston Marathon this year. She had already finished the race and was out of the way when the explosions happened. But she and another teacher wanted to raise some funds to help some of the runners and onlookers that weren’t so fortunate.
They asked if I would help them make a T-shirt design and so I did. Below are two of the final designs and the actual shirt. I can’ t take credit for the idea but I helped them get their idea onto paper using Illustrator. I even used the perspective grid more than I ever have before.
Kids could bring in coins to donate and they all walked together today during recess. Quite a few staff members bought shirts and wore them today. I’m glad I could be a part of it.
Here’s a rough draft that I liked. Probably because it reminds me of FRINGE!
A few small design projects recently.
Beads of Clay
The Beads of Clay Blog is having a face-lift contest. I had ideas for two or three different designs… but only had the time to work on one. I think it could use some final touches. The beads should definitely be more glassy. And instead of a rainbow of color a decent color scheme might help. Oh well. There are already some designs posted that I like better than my own.
Edit: Beads of Clay Banner version number 2:
I made a handful of designs for the West Noble Softball team. They liked the idea below the best.
I also made a quick banner last night for one of my other websites. Check out the Argil Alert to see it.
As for pottery, I’m in the middle of glazing. I entered a photo of my work in progress in Michael Kline’s 12×12 challenge.
Thanks for reading.
I was asked by the Shirt Shack to design a shirt for the West Noble girls basketball team to wear during the current sectional tournament.Â They were looking for a two color design.Â I had complete freedom of design but not a lot of time to do it.Â I came up with three options using Adobe Illustrator.
The design that they liked also happened to be the one that I liked best.Â Pretty simple concept.Â I tried a bunch of different strokes and line options for the basketball.Â The font is Edo SZ found at dafont.com.Â It looks even better as a shirt.Â The Lady Chargers had a bye in the first round and beat Wawasee to reach the sectional finals.Â Good luck tonight girls!